For a delicious way to enjoy the many health benefits of beets, try this beet curry recipe. Fresh, home-cooked foods are highly recommended by ayurveda as a means of promoting health and longevity.
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 2 teaspoons of Organic Vata Churna
- ¼ teaspoon of anise seeds
- ¼ teaspoon of fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 small beets (12 oz.)
- 4 small carrots
- 1 large yam
- 2 cups of water
- ⅓ cup of yogurt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Peel and cut the vegetables into small cubes.
- In a large pot, heat the ghee and sauté Vata Churna and seeds for 30 seconds. Add vegetables, thyme, bay leaf and water. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf, season with salt and pepper and stir in yogurt.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.