- 3 parts ground turmeric
- 6 parts ground cumin
- 6 parts ground coriander
- 6 parts ground fennel
- 2 parts ground fenugreek
- 1 part dried powdered ginger
- 1 part ground black pepper
- Combine the spices and store in a sealed container.
- When preparing your meal, sauté a teaspoon of spices in a small amount of ghee or olive oil.
- Combine with vegetables or grains to give them a satisfying flavor and enhance digestion. Add salt to taste.
A word of caution: If you have a Pitta imbalance, start first by cooling Pitta dosha. Follow a low-oil Pitta-pacifying diet until your Pitta is in balance. Then use this spice mixture to help lower cholesterol.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.