Why We Love This Recipe
This delicious and easy-to-prepare salad is loaded with fantastic flavors and packed with nutrition. Organic Pitta Churna creates a cooling effect that complements the fresh, pure ingredients, and will take the bite out of that summer heat. The perfect addition to family meals, or parties and potlucks, this dish will be a hit!
- 3 tablespoons of ghee
- 2 teaspoons of Organic Pitta Churna
- 1½ cups of couscous
- 3 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 1 medium-size cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, and diced
- 1 daikon radish, peeled and diced
- 2 pieces of corn on the cob, steamed, kernels removed
- 1 cup of roasted cashews
- 1 sweet apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 cup of minced fresh parsley
- ½ cup of minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Sauté churna in ghee for 30 seconds. Add couscous and roast for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add water and salt, bring to a boil, cover and turn heat off. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Place couscous in a large bowl, add olive oil and keep fluffing it every 10 minutes while it cools down to prevent sticking.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.