- 1 pound of fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of ghee
- 1 dash of nutmeg
- ¾ cup cream of coconut or 1½ cups soy or rice milk
- 3 cups of water or 2 cups water if using soy or rice milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat ghee in a soup pot. Sauté cumin seeds until lightly browned. Add spinach and water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add cream of coconut or the rice or soy milk and nutmeg. Cook another 3 minutes. Place soup in a blender or food processor. Blend for about 5 seconds, just enough to purée it gently. Season to taste and serve hot.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.