Here's an ayurvedic recipe for vegetable soup that your family will enjoy. Ayurveda emphasizes the importance of fresh, home-cooked meals to promote health and longevity.
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 2 teaspoons of Organic Vata Churna
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- ½ cup of mung dahl
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons of fresh minced parsley
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Wash mung dahl; wash and chop vegetables.
- Heat ghee in a large pot and sauté Organic Vata Churna.
- Add vegetables, dahl and water. Boil, then simmer on low for 25 minutes. Take off heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, combine soup, salt, paprika, parsley and pepper. Purée until smooth. Add more water if necessary.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.