This ayurvedic recipe for creamy lauki soup is sure to please. Lauki is a calabash squash with a nutty and delicate flavor and a firmer and crisper texture than other squash.
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 medium-size lauki squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Pitta Churna
- ½ teaspoon of coriander
- Pinch of saffron
- 2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ⅓ ounce of minced fresh basil
- ⅛ ounce of minced fresh dill
- Black pepper
- Sauté spices and churna in ghee for 30 seconds. Add flour and cook for 2 more minutes. Add lauki and water, cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Put the soup in a blender, add salt, pepper and herbs, and purée until smooth. Serve warm in the winter and at room temperature in the summer.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.