Why We Love This Recipe
Cold winter nights call for warm, hearty Vegetable Stew! This delicious Ayurvedic stew combines fennel, great for enhancing digestive fire while also cooling Pitta, and warming spices basil and black pepper. Add hearty, vata balancing vegetables like carrots, potatoes, and turnips into this stew or add your own seasonal favorites.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 medium turnip, chopped
- ½ head cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 12 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 teaspoon of powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon of ground basil
- Salt, pepper, rosemary to taste
- Sauté vegetables in ghee until beginning to soften.
- Add water and vegetable base and bring to boil.
- Add tomatoes and spices and simmer for half an hour until vegetables are done but not mushy.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.