Why We Love This Recipe
No longer just a frilly garnish, kale is taking the culinary world by storm! Ayurveda recommends a daily dose of leafy greens to support purification, hydration, and life-supporting energy or prana. These nutrient-packed, spicy kale chips are baked making them easily digestible for that slow, Kapha coal-fire digestion. Try substituting Vata or Pitta Churna instead of Kapha Churna for a different dosha balancing effect.
- 1 bunch of kale
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Kapha Churna – seasoned to desired taste
- ½ cup pine nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the leaves off stems, wash and dry kale.
- Cut or rip the kale leaves into chip size pieces.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over kale pieces; lightly season with salt and Kapha Churna. Optional: Finely crush pine nuts and add to the mix for flavor. Hand toss the kale to cover with seasoning and oil.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake until crispy, 10-15 minutes.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.