Consider putting a spin on the classic Ayurvedic porridge dish with this stuffed zucchini recipe for dinner tonight. We promise, your meal will be in a flash, yet taste like you took hours to whip up this masterpiece.
4 medium zucchinis
2 cups of cooked Farmtrue Kitchari Traditional Blend
1 carrot, julienned
4 stalks of asparagus, chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon of ghee
2 garlic cloves
2 pickled beets, finely diced
Garnish of freshly chopped cilantro
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the insides, leaving the shell of the zucchini with ¼-inch thick walls.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Place the zucchini skin side up on an 11-inch baking tray and fill the tray with ¼-inch of water. Soften the zucchini in the oven for four minutes. Remove the zucchini from the tray and place them on a plate, and discard the water. Wipe the tray dry to use later on in the recipe.
- Follow the instructions on the Farmtrue Kitchari Traditional Blend packaging to prepare your kitchari. Use the carrot, asparagus, and garlic as your preferred vegetables. Once done, place in a separate bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Place the zucchini skin-side down onto an 11-inch baking tray. Begin to stuff the Kitchari mixture into each zucchini. Wrap the tray with aluminum foil, leaving a slit in the opening for ventilation—Bake for ten minutes or until zucchini is cooked through.
- Top each stuffed zucchini with finely chopped pickled beets and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro. Serve onto plates and enjoy!
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.