Makes one nine-inch cheesecake
Miriam's dad's favorite recipe in the book. The yogurt produces a light, fluffy cake with a special flavor and texture.
- 3 cups of yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of arrowroot or cornstarch
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1½ teaspoons of finely-grated lemon zest
- 9-inch unbaked Crumb Crust*
- 1¼ cups finely-crushed graham cracker or cookie crumbs
- 3½ tablespoons melted ghee or butter
- 2 tablespoons raw or packed brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Mix all crust ingredients together.
- Immediately press evenly into a buttered 9-inch pie pan. If you wait, the ghee or butter will harden and the mixture will be difficult to work with.
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into the crust. Bake until the top is lightly browned in a few places, 50 - 60 minutes.
- Chill until firm. The filling will sink slightly.
Recipe is reprinted with permission from Heaven's Banquet, by Miriam Kasin Hospodar. April 2000