Serves 4 as a side dish, 2 as a main dish
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 2 cups of water
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 mango
- ½ daikon radish
- ¼ cup of roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons of roasted pumpkin seeds
- Wash rice and place in a medium-size pot with water and salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes, until the rice absorbs all the water.
- Fluff with a fork and let it cool to room temperature.
- While the rice is cooking, cut the mango flesh away from the pit, then peel and cut into cubes. Place the cubed mango in a large bowl.
- Peel daikon radish, quarter it lengthwise and slice thinly. Add to mango along with the cashews and pumpkin seeds.
- Pour some Mango Dressing or your favorite dressing over the salad, and toss until completely combined.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.