- 1 pound of fresh organic spinach
- ½ teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- A few pinches of black salt
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 cup of split mung beans
- 4 cups of water
- Heat mung beans (dry) in a skillet for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Boil water separately.
- Add mung beans to water, and stir briefly.
- Reduce heat and boil about 20 minutes, until mung beans are tender — soft.
- Add the turmeric, coriander, cumin, and ginger.
- Clean the spinach and lightly steam it for 2-3 minutes. In a blender add the dahl and spinach.
- Blend for only 2-3 seconds, just enough to distribute the spinach throughout the dahl without turning it into liquid.
- Pour into serving bowls. Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and a pinch of black salt. Serve it with rice or a chapati.
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.