An exciting change for those accustomed to tasting winter squash with sweet flavorings. Although you can use any type of winter squash, kabocha squash works particularly well.
- 5 cups of winter squash, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cups of red bell peppers cut into 1" chunks
- ¼ cup of ghee with garlic
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh rosemary, or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
- ⅓ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 400 °F. Place the squash, peppers, ghee, lemon juice and rosemary in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss together well.
- Spread evenly in a covered casserole and bake until the squash is tender, about one hour. Remove the cover.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the vegetables and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
Recipe is reprinted with permission from Heaven's Banquet, by Miriam Kasin Hospodar. April 2000
© 1999, 2021 Maharishi AyurVeda Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.